Some mountain passes are now experiencing winter weather conditions! Drivers: please be reminded to call ahead for current road conditions or contact the UWC Customer Service Department on our trucker dedicated line - 1.877.273.7400 - for up to the minute highway condition updates!!
Also, it is important to be prepared for winter driving. Below are some tips to help with winter driving this season:
1. Make sure to do a pre-trip inspection before each trip. Although this is a year round recommendation, this is even more important during the winter months. Remember to clear the snow and ice from your tractor and trailer to ensure good visibility, check tires, wiper blades, lights, and fluids.
2. Pack the winter essentials: flashlight, batteries, gloves, rain gear, first aid kit, extra fluids, windshield scraper/brush, jumper cables, and tire chains, to name a few.
3. Drive with caution - drive slower, give yourself time, allow for more space between other cars and trucks, accelerate and brake slowly, watch the road carefully for black ice and other winter conditions.
- Washington: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Traffic/passes
- Oregon: http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?mainNav=RoadConditions&curRegion=3
Preparedness is key!! Don't experience delays and time constraints due to winter weather road conditions on mountain passes.