UWC has been promoting Green Initiatives for a few years now. An interesting fact: With all the office paper used in America every year, we could build a 12-foot high wall of paper from New York to California!
Here are various ways we are contributing to a greener environment;
- UWC is a SmartWaySM Transport Program Partner! SmartWaySM is an innovative collaboration between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the freight sector. Being a partner means that UWC is showing we are committed to promoting greater energy efficiency and air quality within the transportation industry. UWC improved our SmartWay Score by 1300% from year 2009 to year 2010!
- UWC’s Monthly Newsletter, The Road Ahead is available for distribution via email. Visit our website and sign up today – it goes out on the 15th of every month, in English or Spanish!
- Load Confirmations, Payment Confirmations, etc., can also be emailed to you. Contact our Carrier Relations department today toll free at 1.877.273.7400 or via email at email@example.com and let us know you are also going green and would like these emailed to you!
- We promote direct deposit over sending paper checks for payment. This program is secure and efficient; all you need to do is provide us with your bank details and we can have your invoices paid directly in to your bank account. This service is available in Quick Pay or 7 Day Terms. Call Carrier Relations for more info!
- We use recycled paper in our office! The use of paper with a minimum of 40% post-consumer content has helped us to save 10 Trees in 2010!
These are just a few of the commitments we practice on a daily basis. So, now, we would like to know, what are your Green initiatives? Remember, every little bit helps!